On April 2, the United to Combat Neglected Tropical Diseases: A Conversation on Progress webcast and live Q&A will be broadcast live from Institut Pasteur in Paris from 18:00 – 19:30 Central European Time/12:00 – 13:30 Eastern Standard Time.
The webcast will feature a conversation with some of the world’s leading voices on NTDs, including:
Opening Remarks by:
- French Minister of Social Affairs and Health Hon. Marisol Touraine
- Institut Pasteur President Christian Bréchot
Panel Discussion moderated by Institute for Sustainable Development and International Relations Director Laurence Tubiana with:
- Dr. Margaret Chan, Director-General, World Health Organization
- Jamie Cooper-Hohn, Chair, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation
- Dr. Tim Evans, World Bank Director of Health, Nutrition and Population
- Bill Gates, Co-chair, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Chris Viehbacher, CEO, Sanofi
Panelists will address progress and challenges in the effort to control and eliminate 10 NTDs by 2020, with an overarching theme of how the unique alliance of pharmaceutical companies, development agencies, endemic countries, research organizations and private foundations has driven progress forward since the launch of the London Declaration on Neglected Tropical Diseases in 2012.
The live webcast of this event and archived video of the London Declaration will be available on the Uniting to Combat NTDs website.